Popular Software Categories
Filemaker Pro 14 Advanced Win/Mac
Commercial Price: $499.00
You Save: $178.01 (36 %)
Item Number: 39279
FileMaker Pro 14 Advanced
FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced includes all of the features of FileMaker Pro 13 plus a suite of advanced development and customization tools.
Customize menus with just the items you want. Plus, get robust analysis capabilities, powerful debugging tools and much more - all designed to help you build more powerful, more flexible and more customized databases faster.
FileMaker Pro Advanced Overview:
- Get Started Quickly: FileMaker Pro is so easy to use and includes so many features to help you get started quickly, you can have a new database ready to use in minutes, not hours or days.
- Create customer solutions with ease: Use flexible design tools to make your database screens look and work just the way you want – all without programming.
- Access data on the go: Go beyond the desktop and securely deliver FileMaker data to iPad and iPhone users for portable access while on the go.
- Produce reports and charts in minutes: The built-in reporting and charting tools make it easy to produce informative and eye-catching summaries of your team’s data.
- Share with your team: FileMaker Pro allows you to share data over a network with up to 5 other people on iPad, iPhone, Windows and Mac.
- Integrate with industry-standard programs: Import and export a variety of formats to eliminate duplicate data entry. Plus, create live two-way connections with external data sources.
- Enable Database Encryption:Enable AES 256-bit encryption with FileMaker Pro Advanced to protect data on a FileMaker client or on FileMaker Server.
- Script Debugger: Pinpoint problem areas in scripts and Script Triggers. Turn off Script Triggers when debugging to fine tune the troubleshooting process.
- Custom Menus: Create, change, or delete specific menu items or entire menu sets. Specify certain menus to only display when accessed on an iPad or iPhone.
- Data Viewer: Monitor fields, variables and calculations while troubleshooting.
- Custom Functions: Build your own functions and copy, paste, and import them into any FileMaker database.
- External Function Plug-in API: Build more robust calculations and extend database capabilities.
- Multiple Table Import: Build or modify databases faster by importing multiple tables at once.
- Runtime Maker: Create standalone runtime solutions that don't require FileMaker Pro.
- Field & Table Replication: Copy field definitions into different tables or copy table definitions into other files for faster solution development.
- Kiosk Maker: Build applications where all menus are hidden. Great for self-serve check-ins and mailing list sign ups.
- Database Design Report: Run comprehensive reports on all elements of the database schema.
What's New in FileMaker Pro Advanced 13
FileMaker Pro Advanced 13 is the newest version of the leading easy-to-use database. FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced delivers all this and more:
New design features make it faster and easier to consistently create great-looking databases.
- Custom themes: Customize existing themes then save and reuse them across multiple layouts. This makes it easy to give all your databases a consistent look and feel. Plus, FileMaker Pro 13 also comes with even more ready-to-use themes.
- Styles: Themes now include styles, which are sets of attributes like colors, fonts and text sizes. Apply styles to objects, such as buttons, fields, and backgrounds. Create your own styles or customize existing styles, then save and reuse them across multiple layouts and objects. Modify a style once, and it changes everywhere.
- Undo after save: Undo changes in Layout mode, even after saving your layout and viewing it in Browse mode.
- Redesigned Starter Solutions: Take design cues from the entirely redesigned Starter Solutions for Contacts, Assets, Content Management and Invoices. Their fresh, new look takes advantage of new features in the FileMaker 13, including bar code scanning, popovers and slide controls. View Starter Solutions
- More Inspector design attributes: Control additional design attributes of objects using the expanded Inspector palette. Now you have control of these elements and more:
- Inner/outer shadows
- Text baselines
- Layout backgrounds, including support for full-screen backgrounds, colors and gradients
- Field Picker: Create new fields or drag and drop multiple fields onto the form directly from Layout mode for more convenient control of field and label placements.
- Getting Started tour: Learn more about how to get started designing great-looking databases in new FileMaker Pro 13.
- Control object visibility: Build more dynamic layouts with objects, such as fields, buttons or tab controls that can appear or disappear from your layout based on the results of a calculation.
New features for iOS** make it faster to create solutions and easier to enter data on iPad and iPhone.
- Redesigned Layout/Report Assistant: Create layouts and reports that are optimized for different devices. Choose from a variety of iPad and iPhone sizes and your layout will be automatically sized and themed to suit your selection.
- Slide control: Similar to a tab control, the new slide control lets you add multiple sliding panels to your forms to create changeable regions of content. Great for making the most use of valuable screen space on iPad and iPhone.
- Swipe gestures: Use swipe gestures to navigate faster on iPad and iPhone. Use a one-finger swipe gesture to change panels in a slide control and a two-finger swipe gesture to change records.
- Popovers: Add iOS-style popovers to your layouts to group fields, add links and display other details. Popovers also provide useful choices for navigating to new areas of the solution without opening multiple windows.
- iOS keyboard types: Make data entry faster and easier with new keyboards types. Keyboards appear based on each field type or as you specify in FileMaker Pro. New keyboard types include: ASCII, URL, email, numeric 10-key, numeric keypad, number and punctuation, and phone number.
- Bar code scanning: Add bar code scanning to your FileMaker solutions running on iPad and iPhone – without requiring additional plug-ins. Supports UPC codes, QR codes and many more bar code formats.
New development features** help you create more useful solutions more efficiently than ever.
New layout enhancements
- Container field enhancements: Automatically get metadata from items stored in container fields using the Get Container Attribute function. More than 40 attributes can be returned based on the item stored in the container field, including filename, file size, make, model, artist, album, genre, composer, height, width, latitude, longitude, date created, date modified, and bar codes.
- Calculated tab control titles and dialog button titles: Use the power of the calculation engine to specify the title of your tabs and custom dialog buttons.
- Dynamic Locale Formatting: Format dates, times, and numbers based on the system settings on the computer running the solution to make it easier to create solutions that will work in multiple geographic regions.
More script steps and Script Triggers
- HTTP Post: Use with the "Insert from URL" or "Import Records: XML Data Source" commands. It is very useful when uploading files or submitting a completed web form.
- Perform script on server: This triggers a script to be performed on the server that is hosting the current file.
- Upload to FileMaker Server: This script step opens the Upload to FileMaker Server dialog box to allow a file to be uploaded from FileMaker Pro to FileMaker Server.
- Refresh object: This script step updates the content, conditional formatting, and visibility state for the specified object.
More functions and calculations
- Get Device: Returns a number indicating the type of computer that is currently running FileMaker Pro or FileMaker WebDirect, or the type of iOS device that is currently running FileMaker Go.
- "List of" summary field type: Shows a list of all the values for a field in the found set. For example, you can use it to return a list of all the record IDs of your found set.
- Get Modified Fields: Returns a list of fields that have been modified in the current record of the current table.
- Get Script Animation State: Indicates whether or not animations are enabled for the current script.
- Get Window Orientation: Returns a value indicating the orientation of the window on which the script is acting (not necessarily the foreground window).
- Get Connection Attribute: Returns a value indicating whether the FileMaker Pro or FileMaker Go connection to the host uses SSL, including whether the server name matches the server-side certificate.
- Base 64 Code/Decode: Encodes or decodes a container field into a text-based binary format for interchange purposes.
- Get Layout Object Attribute: Returns a value indicating whether an object is hidden from the current layout.
- Get Current Time UTC Millisecond: Returns the current time without time zone adjustments in the form of the number of milliseconds since 1/1/0001. UTC time zone adjustments must be applied to get your local time.
New security features ensure your organization's data is more protected.
- Data encryption: In addition to data being encrypted while it’s moving over a network or the web, your data is now also encrypted when it's on a FileMaker client or is hosted on FileMaker Server. AES 256-bit encryption ensures that the security of your data is protected even if the file gets out of your control.
- Get encryption state function: Returns a value representing the file’s current encryption state. This function works in FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go.
- Encryption state indicator: Displays the encryption state for files hosted with FileMaker Server. A lock icon appears to indicate when connections to the server are encrypted and turns green if the connection is using a trusted security certificate.
The boxed versions of FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced include the software and product documentation on DVD. Both FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced come with the Installation and New Features Guide, and a license key for installation.
FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Pro 13 Advanced databases only work with other FileMaker 12 and FileMaker 13 software. Files from previous versions of FileMaker Pro must be converted to the new file format to be shared with FileMaker Pro 13/Pro 13 Advanced.
Please note that Windows XP and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) are no longer supported. Please update your operating system before upgrading to FileMaker Pro 13.
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pr
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 7 Ultimate, Professional, Home Premium*
- OS X Mavericks v10.9
- OS X Mountain Lion v10.8
- OS X Lion v10.7
Windows Minimum Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or newer
- RAM: 1 GB
Windows Recommended Requirements:
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon 64 or newer
- RAM: 2 GB
Mac Minimum Requirements:
- CPU: 64-bit Intel-based Mac
- RAM: 2 GB
Mac Recommended Requirements:
- CPU: 64-bit Intel-based Mac
- RAM: 4 GB