For a comparison of all MSDN products, please see below.
This product is for purchase by qualified schools or by teachers or staff of qualified schools for school use only. Individual students may not purchase this product.
Why pay more? Get all of Microsoft’s products for one low academic price!
Savings of 1000’s of dollars over paying for each item individually. All are full versions and include free updates and free upgrades for THREE YEARS! Please note that the software never expires and is full licensed.
What You Get
Your subscription entitles you to receive continuous priority access to the latest Microsoft development tools, platform, and server technologies, productivity applications, technical resources, and support via secure Internet access to the subscription software download site (MSDN Subscriber Downloads site).
Highlights of your MSDN Premium subscription include:
- Continuous access to new software and technical resources. During the two year term of your subscription, you are entitled to upgrades to your subscription software and to select new releases and product betas, in addition to resources such as software and hardware development kits and service packs.
- Latest Microsoft operating systems includes the latest versions of Windows 8 (all versions), Window 7 all versions, Windows Server, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Professional Edition, Windows Home Edition, Windows Professional, Windows Advanced Server, and future Windows releases. Usage rights are limited to development and testing only.
- Broad range of the latest Microsoft Windows Server System products includes the latest versions of SQL Server, Exchange Server, BizTalk Server, Commerce Server, Host Integration Server, Application Center, Internet Security and Acceleration Server, SharePoint Portal Server, and Content Management Server. Usage rights are limited to development and testing only.
- Latest Microsoft productivity applications include the new Office365, in addition to Office Ultimate Edition, Expression Web Ultimate Studio 4.0, Microsoft Visio Pro, Microsoft Project Pro, Infopath, OneNote, and MapPoint. Usage rights are limited to business use directly related to development and testing only. In addition to development and testing use rights, one copy of Office Ultimate, Expression Web, Project Pro, Sharepoint Designer, Visio Professional, and Office Communicator can be used by a single MSDN licensed user for general business use.
- Technical support includes unlimited usage of MSDN Managed Newsgroups for online support with a guaranteed response time of two business days, phone-based support incidents, and free access to MSDN Online Concierge for non-technical questions regarding navigation of the MSDN site, Knowledge Base article searches, and MSDN Subscriber Downloads.
- Technical Support IncidentsContinuously updated technical content is available through the MSDN Library, which offers comprehensive programming information, code samples, sample applications, technical documentation and articles, and the Microsoft Developer Knowledge Base.
- To help with the challenges of the development process, MSDN subscribers may turn to dedicated Microsoft support engineers for assistance. Every MSDN Subscription includes professional-grade, Developer-specific technical support incidents. With 24/7 Business-Critical service level, Support Incidents may be called upon for break-fix situations.
How does it work?
- Place your order and submit your proof of academic status as a school, or faculty or staff of a school.
- Wait until you receive from us your MSDN registration letter via e-mail. Please allow up to one week to process orders.
- Use the information from that letter to register on MSDN’s site.
- Once it is confirmed, you can start downloading the latest versions of any of the Microsoft products listed above from Microsoft’s secured server. You can also choose to have them sent to you via download or on DVD. Please note that they are shipped directly from Microsoft. There is no charge for ground shipment.
MSDN Subscriptions Level & Feature Overview
MSDN Subscriptions provide priority access to the tools and products you need to build and fully test XML Web services and applications. With developer-licensed versions of Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers you can fully test the broadest range of applications. There are several subscription levels customized to your development needs:
MSDN Premium. Delivers the most comprehensive set of Microsoft software (including Visual Studio .NET Enterprise Architect) necessary to build and fully test XML Web services and applications.
MSDN Professional. Delivers the development tools (including Visual Studio .NET Professional) and platform technologies needed to build and test XML Web services and applications.
MSDN Library. Delivers the latest technical content from Microsoft including over 1.8GB of code samples, product documentation, and programming information.
When you start your new subscription, you can select to receive disc shipments on CD or DVD. Older versions of operating systems are also available upon request from your local MSDN Subscriptions Services Center. For information on available languages please call the MSDN hotline.
New MSDN |New Benefits for Even Better Value
MSDN Subscriptions are the most convenient way to cost effectively get access to all the tools, server, and clients you need for development and test. They’re the perfect addition to your Visual Studio license to help you and your teams be productive and develop high quality applications. Now MSDN Subscriptions also come with more value than ever before: